Dearborn County, Indiana, USA
Notes: Dearborn County is divided into 14 Civil Townships as follows: Caesar Creek, Center, Clay, Harrison, Hogan, Jackson, Kelso, Lawrenceburg, Logan, Manchester, Miller, Sparta, Washington and York.
Dearborn County was organized on March 7, 1803.
The first Courthouse was half of a double log cabin belonging to Doctor Jabez Percival, one of the associate judges.
Lawrenceburg is the County Seat, however, Rising Sun was ambitious to be the County Seat and wanted to have a new county formed, of which it could be the County Seat if it could not wrest the honor from Lawrenceburg. Through this struggle, Lawrenceburg lost the County Seat for a few years. On September 26, 1836, Wilmington became the seat of justice, where it remained until April 1, 1844, when Lawrenceburg again became the County Seat, through an act of the Legislature of January 3, 1844.
According to the Society of Indiana Pioneers, an individual was a pioneer of our county if they resided here on or before December 31, 1825.
Indiana automobile License Plates issued in Dearborn County start with the prefix 15 because it is the fifteenth county in alphabetical listing.
County/Shire : Latitude: 39.1713075, Longitude: -84.9817540
Matches 1 to 1 of 1
|Last Name, Given Name(s)||Died||Person ID||Tree|
|1||MOULTON, John||29 Jul 1802||Dearborn County, Indiana, USA||I18694||Bumbery|